CO2 Fractional Resurfacing
This laser is exceptional for skin resurfacing to treat the effects of ageing (deep lines and wrinkles, enlarged pores, sagging skin) and sun damage (rough, ueneven texture) on the face, as well as softening deep pitted scars. Realistically, one can never remove a scar but only improve it. It offers many benefits of a full CO2 laser, with a fraction of the downtime. Performed by experienced dermatologists and plastic surgeons, skin tightening is visible immediately. New healthy collagen is produced and best results are seen a year later.
The treatment is uncomfortable. To minimise discomfort, a potent topical anaesthetic cream is used on the target area an hour before treatment.
- To prevent fever blisters/herpes, patients will be given a script for Ciclyvix (start 24 hours before treatment and continuing for a few days after)
- Stop Retacnyl/Retin A/Hydroquinone 5 days beforehand
- No laser hair removal or waxing one month prior to treatment
- No MDA or chemical peels one month prior to treatment
- Minimal sun exposure (we can’t treat a tanned skin)
The treated area has a distinctive redness representing increased blood flow due to the growth of superficial tissue and collagen, but this will gradually fade within 5 to 15 days. Microscopic scabs appear after the third day post-procedure, but begin to shed and reveal younger, healthier-looking skin.