Glycolic Acid Skin Peels are chemical peels that feature glycolic acid as the main component. It’s part of the alpha hydroxyl family of natural ingredients and is a fruit acid derived from sugar cane, one of the most well-known superficial peeling mediums on the market. Good to note that it’s a popular skin peel treatment for winkles and acne.
By losing all the dead cells your skincare products will be able to penetrate deeper into the skin. Not only will you notice a brighter complexion, but the cellular turnover also gets a kick-start. Healthier and happier cells are produced, while collagen and elastin production is enhanced. Hence the anti-ageing benefit!
Glycolic acid, which is water-soluble, has a small molecular structure that can be readily absorbed by the skin. Once absorbed, the acid dissolves the bonds that holds the dead cells together. Once loosened, dead cells are able to exfoliate off the skin, revealing a more radiant skin, while promoting both anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant activity to create skin rejuvenation.
Your skin definitely benefits from regular peels and with continuous use Glycolic Acid can ehlp in accelerating skin healing, as well as reducing signs of environmental damage. The good news is that Glycolic Acid doesn’t penetrate deep enough to cause dermal harm, adding to the safety of this specific peeling treatment.
Lasermed manager Penny Jenkinson is the Skin Tech Key Opinion Leader (KOL) in South Africa and an International Master Trainer.
Blast into summer with a glow
The cold dry winter air can cause your skin to look tired and
dull. Get rid of dead skin cells with Bioderma PigmentBio Foaming Cream
Cleanser to exfoliate and brighten your skin. For those with oily skin, try NeoStrata’s
Glycolic Wash to refine your complexion.
To keep your skin balanced and hydrated, use a daily moisturiser
such as Obagi Hydrate Luxe, Dermaquest Nutritive Rich or NeoStrata Bionic
Sunscreen shields your skin from harmful UV rays, while also
preventing premature skin ageing. The Heliocare range is excellent.
Beautiful skin starts with nourishment from within. Eat antioxidant-rich
fruit and vegetables, plus healthy fats from oily fish and nuts.
Finally, a peel suitable for your skin type in the capable hands
of Lasermed therapists will definitely give your skin a spring glow second to
none. Book now to avoid disappointment.
products available at Lasermed.
Available at Lasermed, Pro-Active Liquid Collagen is a unique dietary supplement of premium Hydrolyzed Collagen, rich in specific amino acids that are easily absorbed by the human body.
- For women & men
- Hydrolyzed Collagen (Type II), enhanced with Vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6 & magnesium
- A very high percentage of oral absorption (more than 90%¹,²)
- Available in two delicious flavours: Strawberry & Lemon
- Up to date, no known contra-indications or side effects
Collagen Pro-Active is a unique dietary supplement enriched with magnesium and a vitamin B complex that helps individuals who suffer from joint pain.
- Provides a powerful antioxidant action
- Activates energy production in the organism through Magnesium and Vitamins B5, B2, B6 & B1
- Contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue through Magnesium and Vitamins B5, B2 & B6
- Contributes to decrease joint rigidity and mobility pain
- Contributes to increase the articular cartilage thickness of joints
- Contributes to increase the cartilage mass
- Contributes to the normal function of bones through development and growth
- Assists in the improvement of Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis
- Promotes normal function of the cardiovascular & nervous system through magnesium and Vitamins B2, B6 & B1
- Affects the size of the collagen fibrils in the tendon & may improve the mechanical properties of the tendon
- Contributes to normal psychological function & mental performance, while providing ‘anti-stress’ properties through Vitamin B1
- Maintains strong teeth and gums thanks to magnesium
Benefits for skin and hair:
Collagen Pro-Active increases the density of the fibres and fibroblasts, which are the principal cells of the skin and are responsible for the production of collagen. Collagen Pro-Active once absorbed by the small intestine is distributed from the arteries to the deepest layer of the skin, leading to fibroblast proliferation and increased collagen production. With daily use of Collagen Pro-Active, the skin becomes more hydrated.
- Enhances skin beauty
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal skin tonicity
- Contributes to the maintenance of skin elasticity & hydration
- May help to fight against the visible signs of skin ageing
- Contributes to the stimulatory effect of the Collagen biosynthesis in the body tissue
- May function as a stimuli for fibroblasts to effect repair of damaged tissue
- Improves skin dryness
- Enhances hair strength and appearance from 5% to 45%
Lasermed manager Penny Jenkinson does expert laser hair removal with the Alexandrite laser on beautiful Miss South Africa entrant Natasha Hunter. Lasermed uses only the most advanced lasers worldwide for hair removal, namely Alexandrite and ND:Yag for darker skins. These lasers are known for their powerful performance and excellent safety profile. It offers safe, fast, effective hair removal for men and women and is also excellent for treating and preventing ingrown hairs on the face and body.
Book your sclerotherapy appointment now with Dr Heather Blaylock at Lasermed. This treatment is often done to improve the appearance of varicose and spider veins, and can also improve related symptoms such as aching, swelling, burning and night cramps.
Sclerotherapy involves injecting a solution directly into the vein. The sclerotherapy solution causes the vein to scar, forcing blood to reroute through healthier veins. The collapsed vein is reabsorbed into local tissue and eventually fades.
After sclerotherapy, treated veins tend to fade within a few weeks, although occasionally it may take a month or more to see the full results. In some instances, several sclerotherapy treatments may be needed.